Welcome to the Mindful Running Training System
You’re about to begin an interactive process for designing a running practice that fits into your life and gets you the results you’ve been yearning for.
It will take the guesswork out of how much, how far or how fast you should be running to reach your goals.
Together, we’ll zero in on the techniques that are going to most effectively overcome the obstacles you’re facing right now and help you become the healthy runner you want to be.
Mindful running is about creating a running practice that is responsive to your ever-changing energy, schedule, motivation and health circumstances and still reach your running goals.
And it does so without common running side effects like pain, injury, exhaustion or burnout.
The Mindful Running Training System helps you avoid the pushing, straining, forcing or convincing your body or mind to do anything that doesn’t come naturally to you.
It will introduce you to a way of running that is rewarding, motivating, sustainable, effective and time-efficient.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a personalized running practice designed to get you to your goals.
You’ll be intimately in tune with your body’s signals, knowing when you’re ready to turn up the training, and when you need to dial it back and focus more on recovery.
As a result, you’ll prevent injury, avoid burnout and feel confident in your ability to train sustainably, no matter what obstacles or life events come your way.
Ready to get started?[OR access the full program course materials here]
Mindful Running Training System At A Glance
Step 1: Setting Mindful Goals
- You are guided through a simple process for establishing priorities around your running. Get clear on what outcomes you want to achieve from using the Mindful Running Training System.
Step 2: Optimize Your Recovery Effectiveness
- You can’t build fitness without first making sure that you’re supporting the healing and repair processes that keep you strong and healthy. In this section, we’ll explore the effectiveness of the three main aspects of recovery: sleep, nutrition and life stress. You’ll receive an assessment for each category. After you complete each assessment, you’ll receive information about how to improve your recovery in each category.
Step 3: Mindful Effort: How to Manage Your Pace and Energy Output
- These techniques for mindfully monitoring your exertion level can be applied to any endurance sport. But this step is a crucial step in building self-awareness and self-regulation.
Step 4: The Mindful Method for Getting Stronger and Faster
- Now that you know how to recover well, you can start working on increasing your strength and speed with a sustainable training plan that works for you.This is where you design a training plan with purpose and heart and start to put it into practice.
Step 5: Assess Your Mindful Running Readiness
- How effective is your training? Take the assessments to find out what’s working and what’s not working with the plan you created and have been following for the past week or two. Use a set of key indicators to measure the effectiveness of your training and you learn what you need to make it better for you.
Whatever you need to maintain your health, improve your fitness and attain your goals, you’ll have it through your mindful running practice.
What to Expect
Every few days over a six-week period, you’ll receive an email prompt containing the next step in the system.
I recommend you complete the steps in the order they are sent, even if it means it takes you longer than six weeks to go through them all.
You can also access the full course archive (see link below) at any time.
And remember, the Mindful Running Training System is designed to be used over and over again, as your circumstances change; whether it be a change to your health, lifestyle, schedule or goals, you can revisit the Mindful Running Training System at any time.