Job Openings at Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
We are a fast-growing travel company based in Carbondale, Colorado. We are proudly 100% women-owned and operated, and we even contract female running guides around the world whenever possible. Our team of four employees is based in the small mountain town of Carbondale, situated on the Western Slope of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. When not leading retreats around the world, our team works out of a progressive co-working space that fosters the entrepreneurial spirit, which helps us grow and continuously learn new skills. Run Wild Retreats Inc. is an accredited travel agency with IATA, and is an active member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association, Wellness Travel Association and the Transformational Travel Council.
We periodically have openings in key positions related to travel planning, marketing, communications, customer service and retreat leadership. Employment perks include paid travel, gear prodeals and the opportunity to do work that makes a real impact on people’s lives. And just as we promote wellness and personal growth with our clients, we support our team members with personal wellness experiences and professional-development opportunities.
If you’d like to join our team of ambitious, hard-working people, please apply to one of the job opportunities posted below.
CEO, Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
Current Job Openings
Guest Experience Specialist
Status: Full-time employee
Department: Administrative (Exempt)
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 DOE + benefits
Commitment: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Remote, though you must be a U.S. resident for tax purposes. Preference given to Colorado residents.
Start Date: October 2021
We are looking for someone who is passionate about running and travel to join our team as a sales and guest service coordinator. As the brand’s first point of contact for all guests, you must be able to communicate impeccably via email and phone. Every day, you’re helping guests select the retreat that best suits their fitness and interests, and later, help them show up prepared for their retreat.
As a runner yourself, you understand how to assess guest’s fitness and suitability for specific retreats. You proactively to educate yourself on the products we offer, our internal business processes, policies and brand values so you can effectively embody the brand in all aspects of your work. You know how to keep guests happy without compromising the integrity of the company’s policies and sales terms.
As a sales and service professional, you understand that making a sale means being a good listener and responding to questions promptly and effectively. When not responding to incoming queries, you’re energetically creating new content for Run Wild Retreats’ social media channels, updating our travel agent network, writing blog posts and weekly email campaigns. You decide what timely content to post based on sales volume, priorities and deadlines. You’re extremely organized, deadline-driven and always thinking ahead to what you can do proactively to help fill each retreat to 100% capacity.
You are a team player and embrace the company’s values around mindful leadership, openness, collaboration and trust. Our all-female team all works remotely but we’ve embraced creative ways to use technology to helps us stay connected throughout the workweek.
While this role is at the coordinator level to start, the company is rapidly expanding and offers growth opportunities. If you aspire to gain experience, work hard and show initiative, you will have the opportunity to take on new areas of responsibility.
Areas of Responsibility
Your main goal is to serve and support guests before and after retreats while reaching sales targets. To reach this goal, you are responsible for:
- Convert marketing leads into retreat sales
- Support guests in preparing for their retreat
- Increase engagement with social media followers
- Manage trip package inventory and upsells
- Grow mailing list using proven tactics on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Maintain sales-related assets including the digital catalog, website and TripPages on the booking platform
- Analyze sales data to optimize marketing efforts and better identify potential sales
- Grow size of and support commission-based sales of our travel agent network
- Create sales-related content for the company’s social media channels, website and weekly email campaigns
- Design new and manage existing promotional campaigns
- Optimize guest service processes to improve efficiency and guest satisfaction
- Generate sales reports and analysis as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years in sales and/or customer service in the travel industry (preferably group travel)
- 2+ years in social media and email marketing
- Personal experience in running as a lifestyle (and love talking about running!)
- Highly proficient at working in a CRM (we use Hubspot)
- Proficient in data entry, spreadsheets
- Highly organized, thriving in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to pivot
- Are passionate about developing business processes to make your work more efficient, consistent and better
- Are detail-oriented and able to copy edit your own work
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in working across numerous digital platforms every day, including Wordpress, Later, MeetEdgar, Facebook, Notion, Instagram, Google Docs, WaiverSign, Smugmug, Asana, Canva, Hubspot CRM, Convertkit and YouLi.
- You must have reliable internet access
Benefits + Perks:
- Flexibility of schedule and work from home
- Attend select retreats for free or one of your choosing at an employee rate
- Run Wild Retreats swag
- Gear prodeals through ExpertVoice.com
- Tax-free health-expense allowance (HRA)
- 15 days PTO, 10 holiday days per year + your birthday
- A super fun team that loves travel, wellness, personal growth, adventure and of course running!
- Run Wild Retreats is highly invested in developing professional skills for all employees. We’ll help you identify goals, create an action plan, and provide the tools for reaching those goals.
1. Fill out the application form
2. We will contact you in mid October for an interview if you are selected.
3. We will follow up with in a week after your view about your application. Please DO NOT follow up by email or phone.
4. If selected, your employment will begin with a one-month on-boarding period during which most of your training will take place (via Zoom).