International Running Retreat Leader (seasonal) --> Click to apply.
You are a confident leader, someone who inspires trust and exudes confidence when speaking in front of large groups. You are not only an experienced traveler, you understand how interact kindly yet firmly with travel vendors to get your group’s needs met.
While you are a fit and healthy runner, that is not the primary reason you are well suited to this position. The main thing that qualifies you for this work is your ability to tune in to the needs and mood of a group as well as the individuals within it to make judgments about what will create the best possible guest experience. You intuitively understand how to offer support to individuals who need it while also giving attention to those who don’t. You know what it means to “hold space” that make other comfortable enough to share openly and honestly because you are able to be open and honest about your experiences and how they relate to the mindful running curriculum.
Interpersonal skills are your strength; you are skilled at bringing a group of strangers together, helping everyone feel welcome and included in all social situations.
You are exceptionally good an organization and self-management. You are always on time or ahead of schedule so that you can be available to clients who need extra help getting themselves organized. You always plan a few steps ahead and can anticipate how one change in the itinerary can affect subsequent scheduled activities and deadlines. You are a conscientious leader, respectful of our partners’ time and efforts to do their jobs well, but are also unafraid to respectfully call out those partners’ failures to meet our expectations, especially when those mistakes or shortcomings affect our clients’ travel experiences.
You have excellent written communication skills, are social-media savvy. Your engaging personality comes through each post you make to the company’s Facebook account and online community.
- Lead 3 – 5 international and domestic running retreats of 4 to 7 days each.
- Actively participate in the Healthy Runners Community as a retreat leader
- Post photos and updates daily during the retreat to Run Wild Retreats’ social media channels.
- Participate in pre- and post-retreat meetings with Run Wild Retreats staff (virtual meetings)
- Teach the proprietary curriculum for Natural Running Form Clinics and Wellness Workshops
- Lead Retreat Opening and Closing meetings
- Manage the retreat itinerary, working with local guides, drivers and other suppliers to follow the timeline as closely as possible.
- Support clients during the guided runs, offering extra attention, support and care to any who are struggling or not doing well (akin to being a pacer).
- Work with running guides to manage runner safety as per the Risk Management Plan
- Be clients’ “go-to” person for any questions or issues that arise at any time.
- Above all, be accommodating, approachable, friendly, helpful and fun!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in active or adventure tour leadership.
- Have a proven track record in group workshop facilitation
- Have strong public speaking skills
- Experience and passion for travel
- Good physical health and running fitness is required, including the ability to comfortable run 5 to 10 miles a day for a week. You don’t need to be super fit, but you do need to be reliably fit and injury free. You must have trail running experience.
- Experience pacing or supporting runners in an event is highly favorable.
- Experience, certification or training is some area of health and wellness, such as mindfulness, meditation run, coaching, stress management, yoga or other.
- A second language is not required, but is favorable.
This job is seasonal, taking place annually from July through September with opportunity to expand to a longer period. The work involves mandatory 4-5 weeks of travel on fixed dates, both internationally and domestic, as well as computer time from home on a flexible schedule.
- Step 1. Fill out this retreat leader application form by clicking the blue button below (deadline for submissions = December 21, 2018.)
- Step 2. We will notify you by email by January 3, 2019 if you have been selected for an interview. After interviews are complete, we will notify you if you’ve been selected for this position.
- Click here to apply now.
Run Wild Retreats Ambassador ---> Click to apply.
Do you know runners who share your curiosity for adventure and passion for running as a way to explore new places?
Do you run with people who, like you, value running as part of a healthy lifestyle?
Tell them about Run Wild Retreats + Wellness’s transformative running and wellness retreats, and when they book a retreat, you’re rewarded with credits towards the retreat of your dreams.
Plus, you earn the great feeling of knowing that you’re supporting other runners on their journey to healthy running. As a Run Wild Retreats Ambassador, you’re part of an inner circle of runners who proudly to share their healthy running practice, the lessons they’ve learned and the adventures they’ve experienced along the way.
Whether those adventures took place in Iceland, surrounded by glacier-capped volcanoes or your home-town trails, each new experience taught you something new about yourself that has made you a more aware and joyful runner.
As a Run Wild Retreats Ambassador, you first and foremost aim to support other runners–regardless of their ability level or background–in whatever way they need to belong in this community of healthy runners, that they can do more than they thought possible and they deserve a lifetime of running that supports their overall well being.