Job Openings at Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
We are a fast-growing travel company based in Carbondale, Colorado. We are proudly 100% women-owned and operated, and we even contract female running guides around the world whenever possible. Our team of four employees is based in the small mountain town of Carbondale, situated on the Western Slope of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. When not leading retreats around the world, our team works out of a progressive co-working space that fosters the entreprenurial spirit, which helps us grow and continuously learn new skills. Run Wild Retreats Inc. is an accredited travel agency with IATA, and is an active member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association and the Transformational Travel Council.
We periodically have openings in key positions related to travel planning, marketing, communications, customer service and retreat leadership. Employment perks include paid travel, gear prodeals and the opportunity to do work that makes a real impact on people’s lives. And just as we promote wellness and personal growth with our clients, we support our team members with personal wellness experiences and professional-development opportunities.
If you’d like to join our team of ambitious, hard-working people, please apply to one of the job opportunities posted below.
CEO, Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
International Running Retreat Leader (seasonal)
This job is seasonal, taking place annually in spring and summer with opportunity to expand to a longer period. The work involves mandatory 4-5 weeks of travel on fixed dates, both internationally and domestic, as well as computer time from home on a flexible schedule
You are a confident leader, someone who inspires trust and exudes confidence when speaking in front of large groups. You are not only an experienced traveler, you understand how interact kindly yet firmly with travel vendors to get your group’s needs met.
While you are a fit and healthy runner, that is not the primary reason you are well suited to this position. The main thing that qualifies you for this work is your ability to tune in to the needs and mood of a group as well as the individuals within it to make judgments about what will create the best possible guest experience. You intuitively understand how to offer support to individuals who need it while also giving attention to those who don’t. You know what it means to “hold space” that make other comfortable enough to share openly and honestly because you are able to be open and honest about your experiences and how they relate to the mindful running curriculum.
Interpersonal skills are your strength; you are skilled at bringing a group of strangers together, helping everyone feel welcome and included in all social situations.
You are exceptionally good an organization and self-management. You are always on time or ahead of schedule so that you can be available to clients who need extra help getting themselves organized. You always plan a few steps ahead and can anticipate how one change in the itinerary can affect subsequent scheduled activities and deadlines. You are a conscientious leader, respectful of our partners’ time and efforts to do their jobs well, but are also unafraid to respectfully call out those partners’ failures to meet our expectations, especially when those mistakes or shortcomings affect our clients’ travel experiences.
You have excellent written communication skills, are social-media savvy. Your engaging personality comes through each post you make to the company’s Facebook account and online community.
- Lead 3 – 5 international and domestic running retreats of 4 to 7 days each.
- Actively participate in the Healthy Runners Community as a retreat leader
- Post photos and updates daily during the retreat to Run Wild Retreats’ social media channels.
- Participate in pre- and post-retreat meetings with Run Wild Retreats staff (virtual meetings)
- Teach the proprietary curriculum for Natural Running Form Clinics and Wellness Workshops
- Lead Retreat Opening and Closing meetings
- Manage the retreat itinerary, working with local guides, drivers and other suppliers to follow the timeline as closely as possible.
- Support clients during the guided runs, offering extra attention, support and care to any who are struggling or not doing well (akin to being a pacer).
- Work with running guides to manage runner safety as per the Risk Management Plan
- Be clients’ “go-to” person for any questions or issues that arise at any time.
- Above all, be accommodating, approachable, friendly, helpful and fun!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in active or adventure tour leadership.
- Have a proven track record in group workshop facilitation
- Have strong public speaking skills
- Experience and passion for travel
- Good physical health and running fitness is required, including the ability to comfortable run 5 to 10 miles a day for a week. You don’t need to be super fit, but you do need to be reliably fit and injury free. You must have trail running experience.
- Experience pacing or supporting runners in an event is highly favorable.
- Experience, certification or training is some area of health and wellness, such as mindfulness, meditation run, coaching, stress management, yoga or other.
- A second language is not required, but is favorable.
Applications not yet being accepted
Applications will open in January 2020.