Job Openings at Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
We are a fast-growing travel company based in Carbondale, Colorado. We are proudly 100% women-owned and operated, and we even contract female running guides around the world whenever possible. Our team of four employees is based in the small mountain town of Carbondale, situated on the Western Slope of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. When not leading retreats around the world, our team works out of a progressive co-working space that fosters the entreprenurial spirit, which helps us grow and continuously learn new skills. Run Wild Retreats Inc. is an accredited travel agency with IATA, and is an active member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association and the Transformational Travel Council.
We periodically have openings in key positions related to travel planning, marketing, communications, customer service and retreat leadership. Employment perks include paid travel, gear prodeals and the opportunity to do work that makes a real impact on people’s lives. And just as we promote wellness and personal growth with our clients, we support our team members with personal wellness experiences and professional-development opportunities.
If you’d like to join our team of ambitious, hard-working people, please apply to one of the job opportunities posted below.
CEO, Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
Communications and Community Manager (part-time)
Status: Part-time Employee (not independent contractor)
Location: Carbondale, Colorado. Work at a co-working space and at home
Commitment: 20 hours per week (80 hours a month)
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Your weekly hours will be scheduled with our regular office schedule. Your work time can be customized to suit your lifestyle. In addition to these office hours, you will be occasionally be asked to attend retreats, which may involve domestic and international travel and working on weekends.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2020
Start Date: early March 2020
You love writing and communicating online with women on topics related to running, wellness and travel. You have a proven track record in sales and marketing in the outdoor and/or travel industries. You have experience managing an online community and know what works when it comes to online engagement and helping people feel welcome.
You have excellent organizational skills and love organizing information, answering customer questions and helping our clients feel prepared and supported prior to departing on a retreat. Deadlines don’t stress you out, rather, you appreciate how they help you prioritize your work.
You have superior written communication skills. Your friendly personality comes through your writing, which is professional, clear, concise and organized. You abhor typos and poor grammar. You can confidently edit your own work and know how to structure an effective sales email, whether it’s to a single person or mailing list of thousands. You understand how to adopt a brand’s voice and use it consistently across multiple platforms. You have a high regard for visual branding and are consistent when it comes to brand colors, fonts, vocabulary, logo placement and other digital brand elements.
You thrive in a digital work space. Despite working remotely most of the time, you feel connected to the rest of the Run Wild team through our weekly video conference calls, face-to-face meetings and cloud-based project management platform Asana. You have an eye for photography and can design compelling ad and copy combinations for split testing and ad optimization. You are a WordPress whiz (no HTML or other coding necessary), meaning you can easily update website content, add images and tweak layouts.
Duties are to implement execute strategic sales and marketing activities such as:
- Photo editing; creating graphics in Canva
- Write weekly email campaigns and occasional press releases
- Write and post social media content (primarily Instagram and Facebook)
- Moderate the Healthy Runners Community (member engagement, conversation prompts).
- Manage customer pre-retreat and post-retreat communications via email and in HRC
- Manage customer testimonials: collection, editing and publishing to website
- Manage image library and client photo galleries on Smugmug
- Solicit, edit and publish Community Member Spotlight interviews
- Write/update Retreat Planning Guide booklets and the annual Retreat Catalog
- Screen retreat participant intake forms and flag ones for review
- Manage Facebook ads (new lead generation and re-targeting campaigns)
- Set up lead generation campaigns (landing pages, sales email sequences)
- Manage Run Wild Retreats Ambassador team
- Proofread and edit retreat sales pages on the website as needed to align with changes to the itineraries
- Update marketing reports covering all marketing tactics to assess their efficacy
- Offer customer support through our online booking system
- 2+ years in marketing and communications in either the running, travel or outdoor industry
- Experience in managing Facebook ad campaign is a plus
- Highly proficient at working across various digital marketing/CRM platforms
- Experience in customer service and/or managing an online community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (please provide writing samples)
- Experience with WordPress, Gmail, Asana, Canva, Facebook Ads, Google docs, Convertkit or similar email marketing software
- Can work at Carbondale’s CoVenture (membership provided) and remotely with a computer and high-speed internet connection
We are accepting applications until February 21, 2020.