Job Openings at Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
We are a fast-growing travel company based in Carbondale, Colorado. We are proudly 100% women-owned and operated, and we even contract female running guides around the world whenever possible. Our team of four employees is based in the small mountain town of Carbondale, situated on the Western Slope of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. When not leading retreats around the world, our team works out of a progressive co-working space that fosters the entreprenurial spirit, which helps us grow and continuously learn new skills. Run Wild Retreats Inc. is an accredited travel agency with IATA, and is an active member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association and the Transformational Travel Council.
We periodically have openings in key positions related to travel planning, marketing, communications, customer service and retreat leadership. Employment perks include paid travel, gear prodeals and the opportunity to do work that makes a real impact on people’s lives. And just as we promote wellness and personal growth with our clients, we support our team members with personal wellness experiences and professional-development opportunities.
If you’d like to join our team of ambitious, hard-working people, please apply to one of the job opportunities posted below.
CEO, Run Wild Retreats, Inc.
Healthy Runners Community Manger (Remote, part-time)
Location: Remote / online
Commitment: 25 hours a month. Hours are flexible. Some weekly tasks can be batched and scheduled in advance, though duties also include leading some live online broadcast events, typically scheduled between Monday-Friday during business hours, though may include some weekend events occasionally. This is a remote, part time, contract position. You may set your own work hours, though consistency is key.
Start Date: ASAP
- you are a runner who can relate to runners’ challenges, needs, interests and challenges
- you love hanging out online and connecting virtually with runners of all ages and experience levels through chat, posts, comments, video calls, DMs.
- you’re right at home using various digital services and make sure the tech meshes and works smoothly
- you’re passionate about creating high-quality online experiences that are authentic and valuable
- you are proactive and outgoing when it comes to initiating a conversation, making an introduction or soliciting content from a volunteer.
- You know how to get things done and complete projects on deadline.
- you are confident and articulate in front of the camera and love leading group discussions that are focused, purposeful, and time-efficient.
- you are really good at asking questions that help people see their challenges more clearly or in a new light
- you are passionate about continuous improvement: what can be done more efficiently and effectively for you and the people you serve
- you love leading people. you can recognize people’s strengths, even when they don’t see those in themselves.
- you are reliable and an honest communicator
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent video presentations skills
- Volunteer recruitment
- Very experienced with working on line, integrating various platforms such as Zoom, Crowdcast, Mighty Networks, Asana, Google docs, etc.
- Social media content creation
- Excellent organizational skills, content scheduling
- Basic photo/ video editing
- You have a computer, HD camera, quality external microphone and reliable, high-speed internet
- Write and schedule weekly ritual posts (Mindful Mondays, Wellness Wednesdays, Feel Good Fridays and Highlights of the Week)
- Solicit, schedule and organize content and offerings from Mindful Leaders’ Circle members for premium members
- Premium membership customer service (technical and billing questions)
- Promote Speaker Series events and other scheduled events
- Engage with members with comments, cheers and replies to posts
- Lead some Speaker Series events
- Manage community volunteers (assign duties, assist when needed, enlist new volunteers from within community)
- Adapt / evolve content / engagement strategy in response to member response (ie, Do more of what’s working and stop doing what doesn’t!)
- Design and lead community some community events (like 30-day challenges and other contribution triggers)
- Conduct some Speaker Series interviews
- Lead some online training group meetings with premium members
- Uphold brand values and mission in all aspects of your work
Job success will be measured according to:
- Increase engagement (contributions) among all members as indicated by Mighty Networks analytics reports
- Consistency of high-quality premium membership experience as measured by member engagement
- Low premium member churn rate
- Consistently booked out content calendar (working 4 – 6 weeks out)
- Attendance metrics for live HRC events (webinars, workshops)
- Flexibility of hours, location, and the freedom to work from home and/or remotely
- Experience in a rapidly growing industry (adventure and wellness travel) and a highly sought-after skill set (social media/digital strategy and community building)
- Attend select retreats for free or one of your choosing at an employee rate.
- Run Wild Retreats swag
- Gear prodeals through ExpertVoice.com qualification.
- A super fun team that loves travel, wellness, personal growth, adventure and of course running! =)
- Professional development. Run Wild Retreats is highly invested in developing professional skills for all employees. We’ll help you identify goals, create an action plan, and provide the tools for reaching those goals