We are currently looking for professional running guides in U.S., Canada, South America, Europe and New Zealand, Australia. We prefer to hire running guides who are local to the region in which they are guiding. While you don’t need to be super-fit ultrarunner or highly experienced trail runner, you do need to have a good level of fitness and experience running and hiking on trails. For example, we typically allocate 3 -4 hours to complete a run of 8 – 10 miles, including stops to eat/drink, take photos, enjoy the views, etc.
As a guide, you’ll work closely with our retreat leaders (one accompanies every retreat group) to manage the pace on the trail, ensure the runner’s safety and wellbeing on the trail. In some cases, you’ll help us design the run routes and provide maps and descriptions for our planning documents, as well as details for the risk management plan.
Below, you’ll find the important qualifications we look for when we hire guides. Please review the following list and apply only if you have the necessary skills and experience.
1. Accredited guiding certification such as: American Mountain Guides Association, Association of Canadian Mountain Guides, Guide Alpine Italiane, International Mountain Leader, Syndicat National des Guides de Montagnes, etc.
OR an outdoor leadership certification such as:
National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) or Outward Bound
2. Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification or equivalent from your country.
3. All necessary licenses/permits to guide in a specific region.
4. E&O Liability insurance for your business entity
- Minimum of two years’ experience leading multi-day tours with groups of 8-16 people
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for wildlife, ecology and natural history
- Strong navigation skills (by both GPS and paper maps)
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and capacity to make independent decisions
- Capable of working long hours for multiple consecutive days
- High level of integrity, maturity, patience and enthusiasm
To apply to be a guide, please fill out the application form below: