What to Bring on a Run Wild Retreat
ON THE TRAIL
- One pair of trail running shoes (required)
- Hydration pack (we recommend a vest pack rather than a waist pack) with pockets for carrying food and extra clothes and water (required)
- Short-sleeve running shirts
- Long-sleeve running shirts (light weight)
- Running shorts
- Running capris or light tights
- Lightweight, breathable running rain jacket (easily packable)
- Three to four pairs of running socks
- Running cap or visor
OFF THE TRAIL
- Day pack (~20 L)*
- Casual clothes (dining is informal)
- Shoes for casual wear
- Warm jacket for cool evenings
- Bathing suit
- Small, lightweight camera (or phone)
- Plug adapter (if traveling outside North America) for electronic devices
- Ear plugs (for sleeping)
- Sleeping attire suitable for shared sleeping quarters if sharing a room
- Other personal items/apparel and toiletries (shampoo, soap, conditioner, lotion, sunscreen, etc).
*You’ll use this date pack for extra clothing, snacks and personal items (not for running). You’ll have access to it while traveling in the van, when large luggage is not accessible.
For ease of transport between hotels, please limit your luggage to one carry-on (backpack as described above is recommended) and one wheeled suitcase.